Wednesday, August 17, 2011

1st Day of School: FIRST Grade!!!

Today was Savannah's first day of FIRST grade! It is absolutely crazy to me that my "baby" is in first grade eating lunch at the "big kids" tables & playing on the "big kids" playground.   Her teacher this year is Mrs. Bower and she is absolutely AMAZING-- Savannah has so been looking forward to being in her class. We are so thankful we ended up at such a wonderful school with a very strong sense of community involvement. I love that it is a small school-- there is only 1 class per grade-- which means she will be in class with the same 22 kids through 5th grade... so cool! She had a great first day & is very excited for the school year, as are Mitch & I. Although, the reality of how busy the year is going to be is really sinking in... new job, PTA Secretary, chairing the Red & White Affair (BIG fundraiser for the school) & leading Daisies--- yikes!!! If anyone has any extra hours in the day they would like to donate to me I am graciously accepting donations!

Savannah & Dylan

My BIG 1st grader


Savannah & some of her buddies

Savannah & Lily

Listening to morning announcements

Taking a tour-- moving out of the kindergarten playground & room is  a big step! 

0 comments: