Thursday, December 09, 2010

Good-Bye Grandpa Jack

Today was a sad day for the Davis Family-- Grandpa Jack quietly passed away early this morning. He would have been 95 years-old in January and lived a very full and active life. To say that he was an amazing man would be an understatement. I am so thankful to have had him in my life and that my children both had the chance to know their great-grandfather. I am even more thankful for the significant role he played in Mitch's life. There is not a doubt in my mind that Mitch is the man he is today, due in large part to the relationship he was fortunate enough to have with his grandpa-- THANK YOU Jack!
 We love you and you will be missed dearly...

October 1975
Jack, Poppy, Mitch & Dudley


Pam, Mitch, Poppy, Jack


Jack, Mitch & Jacquelyn fishing in Canada


The whole Davis/Stone Family at our wedding


Meeting his 1st great grandchild
Poppy, Pam, Savannah & Jack


Getting to know Savannah


July 4, 2008
Savannah & Jack


June 2009
Jack, Dylan & Poppy

1 comments:

The Halpin Family said...

He was so near and dear to our hearts too! I remember when Jax and I used to go visit them in AZ every summer- we had such fun and I will always have fond memories of G-pa Jack!